What size or maximum permissible weight of my luggage in my cabin and hold baggage when I travel by plane?
They ask all questions to each new trip. The rules frequently change and are different depending on the airline. To find one, I gathered in this article my experiences and researches on strict baggage policies.
To be clear, this is how the article is structured:
- 01. General Rules of Usage on luggage during transport by air.
- 02. Strictly prohibited in aircraft objects.
- 03. Rules and advice concerning hand luggage, that we keep with you on the plane.
And as you travel involves bringing with it a travel first aid kit, visit my dedicated section: What drugs in your medical kit on a trip? Let me guide you, I told you
01. General Rules of Usage by plane
There are 2 types of luggage: the luggage and the baggage.
In general, applying the stricter rules, know that each passenger is entitled to a 1 piece in 20kg Payload (extra times) and a cabin baggage of less than 10 kg with dimensions not exceeding 56 cm 25cm x 45cm x inclusive. On the practical side, have you ever weigh your empty suitcase? Suitcases sometimes weigh a ton and it forces you to limit the business you want to carry with you. This is a crucial element to consider when buying a new suitcase.
Bags-to-back are allowed by plane and suffer the same rules as suitcases. Be aware that some companies give you large plastic bags to protect your bag-to-back for travel in the hold. We had the pleasant surprise during our trip to Brazil or on my last trip to Southeast Asia. In all cases, be sure to close your bag with small padlocks and securely tighten the straps and straps bag- to-back.
Note first of all that the policy of hand luggage and suitcases in the hold still depends on the airline you chose to make your flight. We strongly advise you to check the details of their political baggage by consulting their website because changes are common.
02. Objects strictly prohibited even in the hold
The list of objects strictly forbidden on an airplane is valid for all airlines worldwide.When we confess that the same checks are not stringent regarding lighters and matches.
- Matches, lighters and fuels. Flammable liquids like fuel, thinners, solvent, acetone.
- D’artifices lights, firecrackers, sparklers, flares, imitation pistols, firelighters, tear gas.
- Camp stoves, gas cylinders, oxygen scuba tanks.
- Paint, varnish, lacquer.
- Toxic materials, infectious substances, radioactive materials.
- Chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, cleaners, bleach, chlorine, lye.
- Mercury thermometers, barometers.
03. Rules and advice on baggage
- Any liquid (bottle, cosmetic or aerosol) should be in a container of less than 100 ml which must be present in a closed transparent plastic cover whose maximum dimensions are 20 x 20 cm. The plastic bags for freezing are perfect for that! Exceptions made for this measure: baby food, medicines accompanied by a prescription and products sold at airport shops after the security checks in the quantities accepted air shopping.
- With the increase of taxes on hold baggage practiced by many airlines, remember to arrange to only travel with one bag in the cabin. It saves time and money. Another advantage, then we can not arrive for boarding 30 minutes before departure. Finally, to avoid unpleasant last-minute surprises at the airport, weigh your luggage on the scales before departure. GOOD!
- Remember that only your luggage is likely to be weighed at the airport and you do not So if you are traveling with cabin baggage and want to “save a few kilos“, put the heavier clothes (jeans, jackets) and consider filling your pockets!